March 2, 2008

REMEMBERING Marx

From treefrogtreasures.com toy soldier forum: "I used to have a few of those fort apache sets that my father bought me when I was a kid. I think he liked them more than I did . I had two that came with the marx cavalry and both had a different shades of blue and the indains also came with two shades also, one was like a tan and the other was an off orange color. The other sets came with pioneers instead of cavalry. My father also left me a bunch of the marx indains and pioneers from when he was a kid and he had all kinds of different colors on the indains from yellow to brown,red I can,t remember all the exact colors but there were a few. He also had these other indains from the first marx fort apache which looked a bit larger in scale and came with a different cavalry which were also used for the rin tin tin set which he also left me a few figures from but, most of the figures were stolen out of the basement of our tentament house by the kids who lived there I lost just about all of my marx indians and many other figures also but still have quite a few of the the ones my father left to me. " - fishhed19690

No comments: